Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bridal Shower!!


If it didn't feel official before, it is definitely starting to sink in that I will be the Latin Teacher's Wife in... counting fingers and toes....63 days. I had my bridal shower on Saturday and I don't think it could have been any better!

I was so excited to have (almost) all of my bridesmaids there, they were very helpful.
We discussed different plans for the bachelorette party/ weekend, and did a little mingling with all of the other ladies that were present.

It was so nice having lots of women there that helped raise me. Two of my bridesmaids' moms were my surrogate moms when I was growing up (see below) so we really enjoyed having all of the moms and daughters together for the event.


I got some great gifts, one really special one from my future mother in law; it was a ladies tool box, with duct tape, glue, a lil' hammer, and other around the house things with the thinking that I can do things without Latin Teacher if he's out. I also received some great pieces from my registry and some not. But they are all wonderful and I will be using them all (if I haven't already)!



I can not thank my aunt Carolyn, Grandmother Lila, and my mom who helped put all of this together, there was some great food there and almost all of the ladies were asking for recipes of the dishes for their own meals.


Along with all of the delicious lunch food, the sweets were awesome! The chocolate covered strawberries were to-DIE-FOR!! I took some home on the guise that I was taking them home for Latin Teacher, I think we know who really had them...


All in all, the guests had a really good time (some say it was the best shower they had attended), and I felt like a princess! I could not have asked for anything better!

For everyone that contributed to the event I want to thank you very much, and it really gave me confidence that my wedding is going to be an amazing event.


Here is a little taste of the new grandmothers in a few months....
Just Kidding

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Looks like a great time and you look so beautiful! I can't wait to see you in your white dress. The day will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete