Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our Sweet Boy

So the day had come for our little man to go under the knife. I think I was more nervous that anyone about the whole thing, Buckley seemed fine... The one good thing about his "big" day was that Latin Teacher and I had a "big" day as well. We took the opportunity to enjoy a day off, it just so happened that it coincided with the big US world cup game. So we had a great breakfast after dropping of the big man. Then ran some errands (read: mailed first round of wedding invitations)
:)
Then watched the match on the BFT (Big Freakin' Television) at Bryan's house. Which was interrupted by the news that our DVR was to be installed. So being the good future wife I am, I left the game and went to meet the cable man, with just enough time to spare to see the Amazing goal by the US! (I was still reeling from it for an hour or so) then we went to Tobacco Road to celebrate with the Latin Teacher's teacher friends.

We then came home and took a nap before some gym and chill time. Then the time came, it was time to go get our big man. We had a text from the Vet that he was doing great and ready to be retrieved. Latin Teacher went to pick him up when I was at the gym, and when they picked me up it seemed that nothing had changed. He was still our sweet boy... Just a little more subdued.

We finished the day with a trip to my Aunt and Uncle's house in North Raleigh, we ALWAYS have a good time there!

We did so much on our day off that it felt like a Saturday and I'm glad we didn't spend our big day off on just laying around the house.

And our big man is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment