Sunday, June 6, 2010

Catering Tasting and Engagment Party 2

It feels like this wedding is coming so quickly now! Mom, Dad, Latin Teacher, LT's Mom, and I all went to taste test the food from Sisters' Garden and Catering. I know they are a "legend" in Raleigh and have been around for years. I didn't know how amazing they were going to be in handling every aspect of my reception. Rhonda from Sisters will be my reception coordinator, and she has been doing this for many many years, and assures me I will be in great hands. Which I wholeheartedly believe. We left with smiles on our faces and loads of crab dip that the mothers took home as a gift (I'm telling you, these people aim to please like no other).

After we went to Cameron Village to get my dad's "ears lowered" we had a drink at the Village Draft House, and then came home to hangout with the puppy, maybe slip in some winks, and look over the wedding invitations that mom brought from High Point.

" Love is the essence of life"

I am SO lucky to be joining a warm and inviting family. And it is just a wonderful added bonus that Latin Teacher's family has a whole crew of fantastic friends and neighbors. They threw us a party last night, which included lots of great food (the kebabs where so tasty!) and drink, along with cake and our first wedding gifts! They claim they just wanted an excuse to all get together, but I know that they all care so deeply for Latin Teacher, and the lucky lady that found him, that they wanted to show us a good time. Which we had. My parents are so cute, they are really trying to mingle and get to know this crew, because they will be hanging out with them more than I think they know.

After all of the events yesterday, I was very tired, and wonderful Latin Teacher let me sleep all morning (and I mean taking 2 naps before 1pm). I need to get geared up for a WHOLE week of working, and then my bridal shower in High Point next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment