Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day all you mother, soon to be mothers, or hope to be mothers! So far it has been an awesome weekend for your day. Latin Teacher and I have had another weekend full of events (it feels like we never get a free moment, but I know we really do). On Friday night we went to a birthday party for a Latin Teacher's teacher friend; it was great because his parents had rented a taco truck, had it at their house, and let all of the guests dig in! What an awesome idea, plus they didn't have to clean since they didn't cook (per say) and they didn't use their dishes... Brilliant!

Saturday was really nice as well, we woke up to the Lord Buckley around 5 something, and my wonder soon-to-be husband (still sounds fun to say!!) let me sleep for a little bit longer. Eventually I made it to the gym and back before we went for lunch at Edwards Mill bar and grill. It was a new place for me, but we had a coupon so we went with it. Latin Teacher, the sweet son that he is, had sent Latin Teacher's Mother some flowers and mistakenly forgot she would be at the beach for the weekend. No sweat, after lunch we went by their house and put the flowers in water and opened a bottle of wine while chatting it up with the neighbors. We also went to see Babies, the movie. We had been really excited to see this movie since the fall when we first saw previews. It was so freaking cute, and I must say the Mongolian baby was my favorite. If you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.

We also went to an "Ocho de Mayo" party (it's a play on Cinco De Mayo, but it's usually the Saturday after) thrown by one of Latin Teacher's other teacher friends. It was a great time, lots of Dos Equis, Mexican cuisine, and a host wearing a mustache and sombrero; along with old throw backs to beer pong and a some really heated games of ping pong.

It's about 8am now, the puppy has finally chilled out, Latin Teacher is still sleeping (two too many Dos Equis), and the crazy vampire-ish neighbors have settled in for their day of rest. We don't have too many big plans today, but mine is my very first wedding dress fitting! I'll let you know how it goes, shouldn't be too crazy, but it will be my first time in MY dress, not just the one in the store.

Have a great mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment