Sunday, May 9, 2010

House Hunting- Update

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we were going to look at our first house as a couple... of home buyers :)

Well the house we amazing, the previous homeowners had put a ton of work into the details of the house. If we could take that house... and move it... then it would be perfect. The only real problem with the place is that
1) at least a 40 minutes drive for Latin Teacher and maybe 20 minutes for me, daily.
2) The home is in an subdivision, personally I have never lived, nor wanted to live, in a subdivision. I will admit that if the house and the area is nice enough, I could give a little.
3) This house was not in a nice subdivision. The subdivision was non-HOA run, meaning there were no rules about things, and no dues (which you think would be nice, but if I'm going to settle in a subdivision, I want the whole package... those rules are there for a reason).

No needless to say, we're still looking. At the party last night, there was a house right across the street that looked really nice, recently updated, HUGE backyard. Only 1 bathroom, we wanted 2... but we'll have to get inside and look at it.

So no big news yet... We are working with a Realtor (I keep calling her a realator... adding the extra "a" in there, am I the only one?) so we are kinda being serious about this and hopefully working on a future home for the Latin Teacher Family

No comments:

Post a Comment