Monday, July 18, 2011

Beach Weekend!

Duke Student, Buckley Bear, and I headed to the beach this past weekend and could not have picked a better weekend to go. The weather was beyond perfect, Buckley was a peach, and we got much needed relaxation. We opened the windows and doors to let the breeze blow through and watched our sweet puppy lay around the house.

Buckley and I woke up REALLY early and got in a pre-breakfast photo shoot.

Ohh, Good Morning Mommy! I'm ready for my breakfast now!

Very ready!


OK, Playtime!

Go Buck!! He's getting MUCH better with his catching (when I'm not throwing) and retrieving (only when we have treats), but none the less... our little stubborn puppy is growing up.

We stopped by Trader Joe's on Friday before we came down and some libations for our weekend

We went out for a nice dinner at Circa 81, a great little tapas place on Arendell that had a really nice crabcake and scallops, a recommendation from us.

On the second night we took advantage of the grill outside and cooked some kebabs which we had with steak and some spinach salad.

I was working with the self-timer setting on my fancy new camera, so we have some pictures... they might be cut off, but it's the subjects that count.

All in all it was a super weekend, we didn't want to leave and go back to the real world...
but it happened.
And when we got back, we found our AC unit had gone kaputz. Isn't that just how it goes.

Until we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I am jealous! Sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    I hope you link up with me on August 1 for meal planning, recipes. My blog post from yesterday has the details.

    Good seeing you last night. Leigh

    ReplyDelete